Wednesday, June 24, 2015

DEAR PATIENT READERS: A MESSAGE ABOUT CURRENTS AND ONGOING DELAYS, AND THE TEMPORARY MEASURES WE'LL BE TAKING.



Dear Patient Readers:

I'm saddened to report that at the moment, I will not be publishing blogs on any kind of regular basis in the near future. I'll try to publish whenever and if I can, but not at any regular interval, nor will I be going out of my way to post in the immediate future. There are personal and private matters that I fear I must place the majority of my attention to and while I'll continue to do whatever I can to keep this blog going, for the time being I fear there is no immediate resolution that will satisfy both me and you, the readers, in bringing a continued level of quality and quantity that I normally expect to, and desire to produce, so, I've decided that the best thing for me at the moment is not to do so, at least until I'm capable of doing so again. This is not an end to "David Baruffi's Entertainment Views and Reviews", far from it, merely an act break, an intermission if you will, a stopgap measure perhaps. And any of these posts that comes between now and whenever I officially announce that I'm back, well, I don't know what you should consider them, but I'll leave an obvious signal that they're an anomaly, or I don't know, a reminder that I indeed am still here and not going anywhere soon.

For example, the biggest and most notable immediate change you'll notice is that I won't be writing or publishing movie reviews for awhile. I'll still be watching films of course, and my next post will simply be a list of the films I've watched and the ratings I gave them and maybe a sentence or two of what I thought and why if possible and when I am more capable or reviewing these films I'll write more proper reviews, especially of the major films I'm unable to review.

This is hopefully a minor setback and I'm hopeful that I'll be working at full capacity when the Primetime Emmy Nomination Announcement are released and I swear by hell or high water, I'll have my usual extensive Emmy Nomination Analysis posted as soon as I can after those are announced. It may be later than everybody else, but it'll happen.

In the meantime, expect more commentaries and whenever possible, Canon of Film posts, some of those might be newly-written ones, so keep an eye out for them, and whatever else I can and/or think of to post on, when I can, at least until I resume my more traditional, regular posting patters. Sorry again for this but, hopefully this is temporary and we'll be back to normal ASAP. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,
David Baruffi

P.S. If anybody here has gone on or started using Patreon, let me know what you think about it, whether or not you think it works or might work for me. I'm thinking about it.

No comments: