Wednesday, January 16, 2013

POLL UPDATE: "TEN GREATEST TV SHOWS OF ALL-TIME"! HOPE YOU GUYS DIDN'T FORGET, 'CAUSE I STILL NEED MORE BALLOTS!




Hope you guys didn't think that I had forgotten about the poll, because I didn't, although it certainly seems a little like some of you guys might've. I can't blame you guys, with the last month being so busy with Awards season, but I haven't forgotten my quest to determine the "TEN GREATEST TV SHOWS OF ALL-TIME"!  I'm hoping that none of you guys have forgotten, because it has been awhile since my last update, and there wasn't a lot of entries, until I announce that I would be updating on a few of the FB groups I'm in. I'm one new ballot away from being, half-way to my goal of 100 participants. 49, official ballots have been collected, but it's still not enough. I see that this blog gets about 80/hits a day or so, but hardly anybody participates, and I don't know why? I hope you all do. Here are the latest ballots to come in:

DAVID COATS
1. Charmed
2. Breaking Bad
3. That Metal Show
4. Dexter
5. Scrubs
6. Kings ('09)
7. Headbangers Ball ('87)
8. Boss
9. Metalocalypse
10. Sons of Anarchy

INGE COATS
1. The Walkind Dead
2. True Blood
3. Dexter
4. The Adventures of Briscoe County Jr.
5. Highlander
6. Castle ('09)
7. The Mentalist
8. Once Upon a Time
9. Bedlam ('11)
10. Hercules, the Legendary Journeys

JUSTIN COOK
1. American Idol
2. Mythbusters
3. House, M.D.
4. Justified
5. Sons of Anarchy
6. Spongebob Squarepants
7. The Big Bang Theory
8. The Wacky World of Tex Avery
9. Star Trek ('66)
10. Deadliest Warrior

ALYSON FLUTER
1. Freaks and Geeks
2. Firefly
3. Arrested Development
4. The Daily Show with Jon Stewart
5. The Dick Van Dyke Show
6. Breaking Bad
7. The Carol Burnett Show ('67)
8. Friends ('94)
9. House, M.D.
10. Seinfeld

KAELEEN MARTIN
1. Bomb Girls
2. Grey's Anatomy
3. Lost Girl
4. True Blood
5. Dexter
6. Rizzoli & Isles
7. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
8. I Love Lucy
9. V ('09)
10. Girls

Well, while I am seriously disturbed by some of the votes that keep coming in for Joss Whedon shows, (Seriously, there's something wrong with you guys. Don't worry, I'm counting everything, but seriously, you're all seeing something that's not there, and you should get that checked) the biggest jump in the poll, went to "Sons of Anarchy," which jumped into the Top five with the votes that have come in, and is still waiting patiently behind about a dozen other shows on my Netflix. But other than that, not much change, especially at the top of the list, where "M*A*S*H", is still number one, followed closely by "Seinfled", "All in the Family" in third. 234 different shows have gotten at least one vote now, and there's been a little bit of everything chosen in this poll, and that was kinda the idea, so, so far, a success.

And now, to go to the refrain I've written in all the other POLL UPDATE blogs.

The purpose of this poll, is to create a "Sight & Sound"-type poll to determine the "TEN GREATEST TV SHOWS OF ALL-TIME!" It's structured in the same way that "Sight & Sound"'s once-a-decade Movie Polls are taken, with the only difference being that everybody is allowed to submit their ballots.

There's two rules, and they're quite simple.

RULE #1: As long as it originally aired on TV, it's eligible for the poll, regardless of genre. That means, that pretty much anything is eligible. Dramas, sitcoms, talk shows, variety, reality, documentary, news magazines, soap operas, children's shows, animated, cable, broadcast, TV movies, miniseries,.... etc. As long as it originated on TV, it's eligible. (ie. "M*A*S*H" the original movie, is not eligible, because it was shown in movie theaters, but "M*A*S*H", the TV show, is eligible, because that aired on TV first.)

RULE #2: You must vote for 10, and ONLY 10 shows. No voting for more, no voting for less.

Those the rules. There's been a few calls on some tricky programs, for instance, I had to disqualify a vote for "Looney Tunes", because they originated in movie theaters, predating television, however I did determine that "The Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show", is eligible, because even though it aired those old Looney Tunes cartoons, it was a separate and distinct television program in of itself. Anyway, the point being is to be a little bit careful of what you pick. Also, keep in mind that sometimes a title has been used for multiple TV shows, so try to be as specific as possible if you can. There's already votes for two different series called "Mission: Impossible," and two different series called "V". Most voters have ranked their shows 1-10, you don't have to, but I recommend it, because rankings do determine tiebreakers, but I'm not gonna force it. It's hard enough coming up with ten.

Well, that's it. I want to see more ballots coming in. Either post them in the COMMENT SECTION of this BLOG, or on the numerous FB links to this blog, or you can contact through FB or Twitter with your ballots. However you can get ahold of me, to submit your ballots, I strongly suggest doing it. Let's get those ballots guys!

3 comments:

David Baruffi said...

Michael Martin has submitted his ballot on AD's You're the Critic FB page!

MICHAEL MARTIN
The X-Files
Supernatural ('05 Drama Series)
The Walking Dead
Star Trek ('66)
Seinfeld
All in the Family
King of the Hill
Rome
Millennium ('96)
Burn Notice

David Baruffi said...

Carolyn Hackett has submitted her ballot!

CAROLYN HACKETT
The Sopranos
Seinfeld
NCIS
Law & Order
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Friends
All in the Family
Columbo
Roots
The Love Boat ('76 & '77 TV Movies---> '77 Series)

David Baruffi said...

My friend, Ben Zuk has submitted his ballot!

BEN ZUK
1. Breaking Bad
2. Lost
3. Seinfeld
4. The Twilight Zone ('59)
5. I Love Lucy
6. Buffy, the Vampire Slayer
7. South Park
8. Soap
9. Mystery Science Theatre 3000
10. The Wonder Years